Sorry, this entry is only available in Italian.
Please find below numerInazione, the short film created by the students of the 2014-15 DAMS Animation Workshop, under the supervision of prof. Raffaele Luponio. As usual, it features all the basic traditional techniques of animation. After the video, as a bonus, you will find some “backstage” pictures from the Workshop. Enjoy!
More examples of animations created by the students of the Animation Workshop, supervised by Prof. Raffaele Luponio.
Animation Workshop for the DAMS Students (3 CFU, free)
The Workshop will be taught by Prof. Raffaele Luponio (Associazione “Immagine per Immagine”) during the second term of the Academic Year 2014-15.
The 75 lesson hours will be divided into 10 classes: 30 hours of assisted practice and 45 hours of individual practice. The Workshop is intended for 15 students from the first cycle DAMS degree courses.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com before Friday, March the 6th, 2015. The application should contain full name and address, identification number, mobile number and an optional cover message. Only the first 15 applicants will be admitted to the Workshop.
Classes will take place at the Associazione Culturale “Immagine per Immagine”, via Col Moschin n.1, Padova.
The Workshop combines lessons and tutorials, both theoretical and practical. The main topics are:
• how to create the illusion of movement;
• framing and shooting;
• the animator’s tools;
• practice with the following animation techniques: animated drawings, claymation, pixillation, découpage, sand animation, animation with white board markers, mixed techniques;
• the computer as a resourceful aid to animation;
• sound post-production.
A final test will assess the proficiency of the students.
0. Monday, March the 9th, 15,00 – 18,00: introductory lesson with Prof. Marco Bellano
1. Tuesday, March the 10th, 15,00 – 18,00
2. Tuesday, March the 17th, 15,00 – 18,00
- From March the 18th to the 20th: individual or group appointments with the teacher, in order to finalize the storyboard.
3. Tuesday, March the 31st, 15,00 – 18,00
4. Tuesday, April the 14th, 15,00 – 18,00
5. Tuesday, April the 21st, 15,00 – 18,00
6. Tuesday, April the 28th, 15,00 – 18,00
7. Tuesday, May the 5th, 15,00 – 18,00
8. Tuesday, May the 12th, 15,00 – 18,00
9. Tuesday, May the 19th, 15,00 – 18,00
10. Tuesday, May the 26th, 15,00 – 18,00
An extra group meeting could be required in order to complete the stop-motion cinematography.
For information on the Workshop (program, schedule, application, operating methods): Prof. Raffaele Luponio, firstname.lastname@example.org
For information concerning the registration of the educational activity: Prof. Farah Polato, email@example.com. The registration will be carried out during regular exam sessions; students need to apply to the correct exam list. Please see the teacher’s webpage.
The eight animation, realized with different animation techniques, are the final result of the 2014 Animation Workshop.
The students who created the animations:
Giuseppe Andreatta; Barbara Bittante; Leonardo Bortoli; Giulia Casarotto; Giuseppe Nicola Cosentino; Marta De Giglio; Rita Fantinato; Carolina Fernandez Barroso; Luigi Giacomazzi; Alessia Ghion; Eleonora Giavarina; Sarah Jessica Fioretto; Laura Novello; Francesca Silvestri; Martina Turra; Valeria Venturelli; Fabiano Verza;
(intern, Elena Faggioli)
FLIPBOOK (pixillation, drawing, white board markers, découpage):
TRAIN (pixillation, claymation, découpage):
LITTLE MAN (drawing, white board markers, pixillation, découpage, claymation):
JACK (drawing, stop-motion):
CUBE (drawing, pixillation, découpage):
FISHERMAN (drawing, stop-motion, white board markers, sand, découpage):
HANDS (drawing, pixillation, découpage):