Animation Workshop for the DAMS Students (3 CFU, free)
The Workshop will be taught by Prof. Raffaele Luponio (Associazione “Immagine per Immagine”) during the second term of the Academic Year 2014-15.
The 75 lesson hours will be divided into 10 classes: 30 hours of assisted practice and 45 hours of individual practice. The Workshop is intended for 15 students from the first cycle DAMS degree courses.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com before Friday, March the 6th, 2015. The application should contain full name and address, identification number, mobile number and an optional cover message. Only the first 15 applicants will be admitted to the Workshop.
Classes will take place at the Associazione Culturale “Immagine per Immagine”, via Col Moschin n.1, Padova.
The Workshop combines lessons and tutorials, both theoretical and practical. The main topics are:
• how to create the illusion of movement;
• framing and shooting;
• the animator’s tools;
• practice with the following animation techniques: animated drawings, claymation, pixillation, découpage, sand animation, animation with white board markers, mixed techniques;
• the computer as a resourceful aid to animation;
• sound post-production.
A final test will assess the proficiency of the students.
0. Monday, March the 9th, 15,00 – 18,00: introductory lesson with Prof. Marco Bellano
1. Tuesday, March the 10th, 15,00 – 18,00
2. Tuesday, March the 17th, 15,00 – 18,00
- From March the 18th to the 20th: individual or group appointments with the teacher, in order to finalize the storyboard.
3. Tuesday, March the 31st, 15,00 – 18,00
4. Tuesday, April the 14th, 15,00 – 18,00
5. Tuesday, April the 21st, 15,00 – 18,00
6. Tuesday, April the 28th, 15,00 – 18,00
7. Tuesday, May the 5th, 15,00 – 18,00
8. Tuesday, May the 12th, 15,00 – 18,00
9. Tuesday, May the 19th, 15,00 – 18,00
10. Tuesday, May the 26th, 15,00 – 18,00
An extra group meeting could be required in order to complete the stop-motion cinematography.
For information on the Workshop (program, schedule, application, operating methods): Prof. Raffaele Luponio, firstname.lastname@example.org
For information concerning the registration of the educational activity: Prof. Farah Polato, email@example.com. The registration will be carried out during regular exam sessions; students need to apply to the correct exam list. Please see the teacher’s webpage.