A monographic issue of Animation Journal on Italian Animation is going to be guest edited by Giannalberto Bendazzi and Marco Bellano.
Before submitting your papers, we strongly recommend to read carefully the table of contents already prepared and herewith appended. Priority will be given to those topics; however, even different proposals will be considered, if relevant to the construction of a succinct History of Italian Animation. The editors will welcome any kind of take on the suggested topics; a creative and original, yet scholarly approach, will be appreciated.
Papers are blind refereed, so the author’s name should not appear on the body of the manuscript, but only on a cover sheet. E-mail a copy of the paper as a MSWord file to both the guest editors, Giannalberto Bendazzi, at giannalbertobendazzi(at)gmail(dot)com, and Marco Bellano, at marco(dot)bellano(at)gmail(dot)com. The editors will respond to proposals and drafts, as well as to completed papers. Authors retain their copyrights after publication.
The special issue submission deadline is February the 15th, 2015.
Table of contents
1) Chronology of Italian Animation, 1911-2016: 30 manuscript pages; 7.500 words; 39.300 characters (including spaces)
2) Bruno Bozzetto: 15 manuscript pages; 3.750 words; 19.650 characters (including spaces)
3) Osvaldo Cavandoli and Gianini & Luzzati: 30 manuscript pages; 7.500 words; 39.300 characters (including spaces)
4) Painters/Animators: Veronesi, Carpi, Manfredi, Carrano and more: 30 manuscript pages; 7.500 words; 39.300 characters (including spaces)
5) The Neo-pictorial current: 30 manuscript pages; 7.500 words; 39.300 characters (including spaces)